April 23, 2011

Where do I get my inspiration? (Part 1)

Where do I get my inspiration? (Part 1)

Spring is officially here. Rain, blossoms, fresh grass and chattering birds, all show us to get out of the box and get inspired. Inspiration is everywhere; you just need to observe it. I spy with my little eye … For a fresh start, it would be a good idea to plan a date to get out of house, office and basically out of your comfort zone. I call this plan, “Inspiration Date.” Make a habit of planning such dates.

Here, I’d like to share some of my Inspiration Date with you and looking forward to hearing from you too.
  • My “Inspiration Date” for this spring has started when I visited Vancouver Art Gallery a few weeks ago.  Ken Lum, Canada’s leading international and local artists had an amazing exhibition at the gallery. Mr. Lum’s art is eclectic; he develops multi-faceted arts from public space art installations, sculptures, studio to portrait photographs. The most interesting part was the mirror maze with quote and inscription on each mirror to guide you to the end of the maze. The exhibition runs until September 2011. Tuesday afternoons are by donation only. Don’t miss it!

  • My second “inspiration Date” was 20 minutes ferry ride to the Bowen Island. The quiet, forested island of 52sq km/20sq mi has a reputation for being artists’ refuge. It is a pleasant escape from the city. This small island is colorful, you feel you’re closer to the nature and its serenity really affects you. It’s perfect for an “Inspiration Date.” I had wonderful time walking around the lake and absorbing the sunshine. A trip to Artisan Square was well worth it too. Lots of quaint art shops to browse and shop. Miksa Restaurant, fabulous with cozy and modern atmosphere, had interesting choices for lunch and drinks. I loved the glass in which they served Caesar in!

    No comments: